Dialysis Patient Citizens, California State Advocacy Manager
Dialysis Patient Citizens (DPC) is a non-profit, nationwide patient advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C. We work to improve the quality of life for dialysis patients by empowering them through advocacy and education.
DPC currently seeks a California State Advocacy Manager which will be based in Sacramento, California. This person will represent the over 84,000 End State Renal Disease (ESRD) patients in California. This position will also work closely with our membership to help elevate the patient voice; and take on other activities as assigned. The individual selected for this position will manage our advocacy efforts in California by:
- Implementing and directing DPC legislative relations program for the state of California
- Developing relationships with key state legislators and their staff to effectively elevate the patient voice and advance our priorities
- Mobilizing patients to take action and contact their state representatives
- Managing all digital advocacy efforts in California
- Working with a broad coalition of stakeholders to represent the perspective of dialysis patients in both strategy and messaging
- Developing effective strategies to advance DPC’s positions, which may include drafting: fact sheets, letters to legislators, testimony, coalition letters, dear colleague letters, grassroots communications, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
A high performing candidate should bring the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Grassroots advocacy and/or communications experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Solid reasoning, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Detail-oriented, yet able to move projects forward in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- A team player with the ability to multitask
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. EOE. This is a one year contract position with the ability to extend. Qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.