Patient Support and Financial Resources
Chronic Renal Disease Program
This program will assist residents of Delaware who are diagnosed with End Stage Renal Disease.
Quality Improvement Organization
Quality Improvement Organizations receive and investigate patient grievances relating to quality of care generally (e.g., complaints regarding physicians, hospitals, or outpatient facilities other than dialysis facilities). They usually attempt to mediate any disputes brought to their attention. They also engage in quality improvement activities unrelated to patient complaints. Quality Improvement Organizations operate under contracts with the federal Medicare agency.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program
State Health Insurance Assistance Programs offer one-on-one counseling and assistance to people with Medicare and their families regarding eligibility and coverage. State Health Insurance Assistance Programs operate under contracts with the federal Medicare agency.
ESRD Networks receive and investigate patient grievances relating to dialysis care. They usually attempt to mediate any disputes brought to their attention. They also engage in quality improvement activities unrelated to patient complaints. ESRD Networks operate under contracts with the federal Medicare agency.
Quality Insights Renal Network 4
630 Freedom Business Center, Suite 116
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Delaware Health and Social Services
- Adult Programs: Medical assistance to eligible low-income families and to eligible aged, blind and/or disabled people whose income is insufficient to meet the cost of necessary medical services.
- Programs for Children: Delaware Healthy Children Program (CHIP) Low-cost health insurance program for Delaware's uninsured children.
- Medication Programs: Delaware Prescription Assistance Program (DPAP) Program to help pay for prescription medications for elderly and/or disabled individuals
- Additional Programs: Chronic Renal Disease Program (CRDP) Assists residents of Delaware with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
Organ Donor Registry
Organ donation can save as many eight lives through transplantation. There are nearly 100,000 kidney patients on the transplant list with only 10,000 donors. This disparity leads to an average wait time of 3-5 years to receive a transplant. To learn more about joining the registry, please visit the resources listed below.
Delaware does offer Medigap Insurance for dialysis patients under 65.
Health Reform Status
- Exchange: Delware will run its health insurance exchange in partnership with the federal government.
- Medicaid: The state will expand Medicaid eligibility.
Legislative Session Schedule
Convenes: January 13, 2015
Adjourns: June 30, 2016
Recess: January 30, 2015 to March 16, 2015