DPC continues our partnership with Firehouse Strategies, an award-winning public relations firm, to expand our grassroots impact and elevate the stories of and priorities for patients. Below are some of the stories we’ve helped to get published by state and local leaders.
- BETTER Kidney Care Act offers bipartisan solution to help dialysis patients (Washington Examiner, 10/6/21)
- This piece is by former Wisconsin Governor Scott McCallum. McCallum has also served as an Adjunct Professor and Honorary Fellow at the School of Health and Medicine at the University of Wisconsin, where he previously taught in the Biotechnology Master of Science program at the School of Medicine and Public Health at the University of Wisconsin. In addition, McCallum’s family has been personally affected by kidney disease.
- Dialysis Patients Are Counting on Congress to Pass the Bipartisan BETTER Kidney Care Act (Sonoran Alliance, 10/8/21)
- This piece is by Brendan Flanagan, who is a former staff member of Obama for America.
- New kidney care bills needed to help dialysis patients (The Wake Weekly, 10/18/21)
- This piece is by Gale Adcock, who is the Deputy Democratic Leader in the North Carolina House of Representatives and a family nurse practitioner.
- Hart: Axne Helping To Lead The Way On Kidney Care (Iowa Starting Line, 10/20/21)
- This piece is by Rita Hart, a prominent Iowa Democrat, who previously served in the Iowa State Senate. Hart also ran for Iowa Lieutenant Governor in 2018 and for the U.S. House of Representatives in 2020.