Schedule a Facility Tour
You can coordinate with your dialysis facility to provide a facility tour for your legislators. A facility tour is a great way to educate your community on dialysis issues.
Scheduling the Tour
- Coordinate with your facility. Speak to your facility administrator about inviting your legislators to your facility before you make formal requests to your legislators’ offices.
- Cover all your bases. You are represented by two Senators and one Representative. Reach out to all three. Your Representative is more likely to show up in person than your Senators, but your Senators should be able to send an aid at least.
- Schedule the tour. Work with your Facility Administrator to pick a few dates that work for you and your facility, and call your legislators’ district offices. Ask to speak with the district scheduler. Be sure to submit your scheduling request with at least two weeks advance notice. You should ask to have your legislators visit your facility in-person.
- Follow up on your request. You may not be able to get an appointment right away, so you may need to make several follow-up calls to set a tour date and time.
- Keep us in the loop. Let us know when you have a meeting scheduled and we will send you a “leave behind” packet. This is a folder of information that you will give to the district staffer or legislators with whom you meet. Click the button below to let us know you are planning on holding a facility tour.