Write a Blog
Before you submit your blog using the button at the bottom of this page, look over this useful blog writing guide.
I will always try to:
- Refrain from posting a link to any material I have not read thoroughly and carefully.
- Make sure that I understand important concepts presented in source material and explain to my readers, concepts at the foundation of my analyses.
- Be fair in my representations of all political factions.
- Update entries as new material becomes available.
- Correct my errors and omissions promptly and publicly on the post where the error was made. If the error is egregious, I will additionally write a new, explanatory post.
- Reply to correspondence as necessary promptly and politely.
- Strive for the best writing and analysis that I am capable of producing—understanding that some days will be better than others.
- Avoid posting off-topic entries unless I explain why I feel the need to go off topic.
- Be respectful to the company, employees, customers, partners, and competitors.
- Make it clear that the views expressed in the blog are yours alone and do not necessarily represent the views of your employer.
DPC’s staff promises:
- We will strive to have open and honest dialogues with our readers.
- We will correct inaccurate or misleading postings in a timely manner. We will not delete posts unless they violate our policies. Most changes will be made by adding to posts, and we will mark any additions clearly.
- We will disclose conflicts of interest.
- We will provide links to relevant material available on other blogs and Web sites. We will disclose any sources fully through credits, links and trackbacks unless the source has requested anonymity.
- We understand that respect goes both ways—we will use good judgment in our posts and respond to you in a respectful manner. In return, we ask the same of you.
- We trust you will be mindful of the information you share on our blogs—any personally identifiable information you share on a blog can be seen by anyone with access to the blog.
- We will respect intellectual property rights.
- We will use good judgment in protecting personal and corporate information and in respecting the privacy of individuals who use our blogs.
- We will keep private issues and topics private, since discussing private issues would jeopardize my personal and work relationships.
- We will strive for high quality with every post—including basic spellchecking.