Improve Access to Care
DPC’s mission is to improve dialysis patients’ quality of life. A critical element of quality of life for patients is access to dialysis care.
Quality of life is improved when we have:
- Ability to choose the modality that is consistent with our individual needs;
- Access to centers that are convenient to travel to;
- Access to centers that provide the best quality care;
- Access to centers that are open during hours that permit us to plan dialysis around our lives, rather than having to plan life around our dialysis schedules;
- Ability to choose the frequency of our treatments in order to maximize the benefits;
- Access to centers where we can get continuity of care, from our physicians and the rest of the dialysis care team.
Quality of life is impeded when restrictions limit the choices patients have to receive our treatment. To this end, DPC advocates for the broadest possible choice of dialysis care for all patients, and against limitations or restrictions (of financial, policy, or other nature) that effectively limit such a choice.