March is National Kidney Month, and World Kidney Day is March 12, 2020. Now is a great time to elevate the voice of dialysis patients by reaching out to lawmakers and advocating for people with kidney disease in your city. Below are some ways you can get involved:
- Become a leader in your community by joining DPC’s Patient Ambassador Program.
- Write to your lawmaker about a bill that impacts the quality of care for people with kidney disease
- Schedule a facility tour with your elected officials by coordinating with your dialysis facility.
- Hold an event educating the public about what it’s like to be on dialysis and the importance of advocating for your health.
- Share your dialysis story in a letter to the editor of your local newspaper while discussing the issues that are important to people with kidney disease—access to quality care, supplemental health insurance, charitable assistance, immunosuppressive medications and more.
As you are advocating on behalf of dialysis patients, keep us informed about your progress and let us know how we can best support you.